" It's the same land, the same sky, but perceptions differ
it's the same road, the same turn, but journeys differ. "

Monday 5 July 2010

I WISH I COULD BE FREE…

I want to break free
I want to break free
I want to break free from your lies
You're so self satisfied I don't need you
Ive got to break free
God knows God knows I want to break free

that's how the lyrics of john deacon's composition go.
sometimes life bogs you down. and all you want is to breakfree! let go all the chains and fears that hold you.
at one such point  of time in my life, when i found myself no better than a caged animal, i wrote this poem. 'i want to be free....'....i wanted to free myself from the clutches of the 'real' life. life ain't always a jovial song, right? so, here this is how my poem goes....


I wish I were a bird
        I would fly away and be free
I wish I were a fish
        I would swim far and flee
I wish I were wind
        I would blow everywhere with glee
I wish I were a raindrop
        I would fall on leaves of every tree

I wish I were snow
        I would cap the mountains and regions hilly
I wish I were a flower
        I would bloom and spread fragrance like Lilly
I wish I were a clown
        I would make people laugh and act silly
I wish I were sand
        I would slip down any grasp
I wish I were music
 People all over the world would listen to me with clasp

But
        My feathers are cut
        Oh! I can’t fly!

        My fins are stitched
        I cannot even try!

        Everyone’s veiled
        Oh! I cannot touch them!

        There’s roof over each head
        I cannot so wet them!

Oh!     I am helpless!
            I am deprived!
            I am breathless!
            I am bereaved!

I am caged, I am tied!
I am raged, I am shied!

I sit here… alone and think;
How I wish wishes could come true!
How I wish wishes could come true!

Coz
        I wish that I were a bird
        So that I could fly…
Coz
        I wish I were a fish
        So that I could swim…

Away, away … far and farther…
I wish I could be free!

No comments:

Post a Comment